Sunday 15 April 2012

Diggin' the desert queen

Holiday frock number nine looks mighty fine teamed with an Indian silk choli top underneath...
******
The Frock:
This spectacular vintage 70s maxi frock was another score from my vintage dealer friend a few years ago.
It's labelled 'Penelope Peep' & it's made in England but further research into the maker has proven rather fruitless. 
Every now and again I'll come across a 'Penelope Peep' frock on eBay but usually the seller knows as much as I do about the label, in other words sweet nothing.
 The frock features a sweeping long skirt and an alluring peep-hole detail to the front, YOWZA!
It's tremendously sassy when worn on its own but I prefer to team it with one of my many Indian choli tops for a more relaxed and not quite so minxy style.
The Choli Tops:
I won a whole heap of these on eBay last year in a rainbow array of delicious colours.
Before we went to Egypt I was deciding which ones to take and I even picked out accessories that would match the colours of the ones that I brought, none of this is evident in these pics however because I forgot to do an idiot check before we left for our desert photo sessions and left several things behind.
 I even forgot to don my armful of jingly-jangly bangles on one of the mornings, so all you can see is my Tibetan prayer bangle that rarely leaves my wrist and the blue all-inclusive resort armband...classy!
******
Up next my Isis frock ;)
Hope you've all had a fabulous weekend, I can't believe it's over already!
Lot's of love,
Jennie


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in girl-love with you!!!!
Great frock, great photos!
I'll be sending you some questions next week,YaY!!!
Reva

Franca said...

I've been loving your desert posts! Ace photos and frockage!

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

SO damn amazing. x hivenn