Saturday 1 June 2013

Happy Happy Happy

 My love for a Russian scarf print is well catered for in the fabulous frock that I'm wearing today. I bought it last year from a car boot sale and it was going cheap cause the elastic around the neckline was completely knackered. No bother for the likes of me, I've got elastic coming out of my ears. I also have an Everest like mending pile so it took me quite some time to actually get around to fixing it. Over the past few days I have made a brave attack on said pile and am happy to announce that it does no longer rivals The Shard.
 The frock is labelled Tootique and I think it's probably from the 70s.
 Check out the voluminous sleeves and the newly elasticated neckline ;)
70s scarf print frock, 70s jacket, 80s boots, soap stone & macrame earrings and handmade Turkish necklace.
The Egyptian geese appeared with their brood yesterday, they are so adorable. I just wish I could scoop them all up and keep them safe from crows and herons that like nothing better than to snack on a these little fellows. The parents do their level best to keep predators away but crows are persistent and cunning.
I'd better hit the hay as it's getting rather late and I've got a big day tomorrow...
The Dandy Lion Market will be celebrating its second anniversary today and it's going to be blooming grand. I'll be there with a rail full of fabulous & fun  frockery.

Here's Stevie to sing a happy ditty to make us all smile, enjoy :)
...and just because I love you all and want you to be extra happy this weekend here's another happy tune for your listening pleasure...
I wish you all a brilliant weekend :)
Loads of love,
Jennie
xXx


7 comments:

Panty Buns said...

The circa 1970's Tootigue Russian scarf print frock that you mended re-elasticizing the neckline of is gorgeous. The print is beautiful. I love the look of the puffy shoulders and sleeves, the gathered neckline and way it's hemmed. What a beautiful classic vintage look. I also love that hands on the hips pose. The little goslings of the Egyptian goose are adorable. Yes, crows are very nasty. There have been some near me and I'm always fearing for the cute chipmunks and baby bunny rabbits I like to watch. Sleep well, have sweet dreams and a fabulous celebration at the Dandy Lion Market at The Oxford from noon 'til 5:00 PM :)

Panty Buns said...

P.S.: Sorry for the comment deletion. The first one inexplicably double-posted. :/ Have a Happy sleep and a Happy day tomorrow :)

thorne garnet said...

good luck selling out your rack today.

We open Sound of Music! Yikkies!

: Green Chic Life : said...

Fabulous dress! I know what you mean about the mending pile! I've got one of my own + that stack of fabric I can't stop buying, but still haven't turned into garments yet! I came across your blog and am your newest follower with GFC, Twitter, Facebook, LookBook, and Chictopia @thedailysavant. I would love if you’d visit : the daily savant : and follow back (if you like)!

I have a Betsey Johnson giveaway on now! I also have a choose-your-prize jewelry giveaway going on now, as well!

: signe
: the daily savant :

Trees said...

Such a lovely frock - I have a ridiculous mending pile too. But I always end up making new things - rather than actually fixing old things :P

Curtise said...

What a wonderful frock, such beautiful colours. I too have a large mending/alteration pile, I need to get on with that...
Hope you had a successful day's selling at the market! xxxx

Flora Cruft said...

That's an amazing dress, the bright colours are beautiful on you! Hope market day went well.