Friday 11 January 2013

Excitement and Adventure and Really Wild Things!

Hope you are all doing grand :)
I've just returned from a three week magical mystery tour to Awesome Asia, namely Thailand and Malaysia.
This was my first ever Xmas in the sun but I don't think it will be the last. 
I was mega excited about rolling up my wetsuit and packing the regs knowing that rather than waking up to a bunch of tiresome traditions on Christmas morning, I'd be taking a giant stride into the Andaman Sea;
an unbeatable way to spend Crimbo in my opinion!
Besides scuba diving with Lanta Divers we managed to squeeze in two visits the wonderful Lanta Animal Welfare, several long walks along the many lush beaches of Koh Lanta & loads of dips in the sea...naturally!
We celebrated NYE on the beach together with just about everyone else on the island, dodging fireworks and drinking fresh coconut.
On New Years Day we took a (near death experience) boat trip to Langkawi where we stayed at the brilliantly located Mutiara Burau Bay Beach Resort for five days.
We hired a car and explored the islands many wonderful waterfalls and beaches and we went jungle trekking, saw loads of macaque & dusky leaf monkeys, monitor lizards, hornbills, eagles and we were even lucky enough to have a close encounter with a flying lemur.
Excitement, adventure and really wild things...
just the way I like it ;)
My holiday wardrobe had to be significantly slimmed down compared to the huge amount that I brought with me to Egypt last year, mainly cause we were travelling with a lot of our own scuba kit this time around and we weren't just staying in one place. 
So I only brought a couple of dressy frocks and some more (for me) "casual" gear.
Surely I am not the only one who goes hiking up a hill dressed in a sequin top ;)
I have an excuse though all my other garb had been drenched in saltwater after the horrid boat trip from Koh Lanta and was absolutely sodden...
needs must and all that jazz!
Here follows a pic-medley of my holiday outfits with a few other photos thrown in...
much more to come :)
After our first dive day hubby made this little greeting/trailer for our chums at Dive Wimbledon...
On our second dive day we went to Hin Daeng and Hin Muang where we saw a Manta ray....
I almost wet my wetsuit, so Frigging AMAZING!
Hubby caught it on camera, so hopefully I'll be able to share it with you soon :)
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx

5 comments:

Krista said...

What an adventure you've had! These pictures are awesome and you look gorgeous relaxed and happy! The boat ride from hell I wanna hear more. You look spectacular in that pink and green dress, tropical beauty! Can't wait to see more pictures.
Xoxoxo

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

What an exciting time! And I'm loving those tiger-striped pants!

xoxox
theefface.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very, very nice one of all time fav destination!
Love that you did a few blogger poses there , so cute!
Love your choice of frocks for the trip, stylish always!

Idee Fixe said...

I think spending the holidays away rather than on a bunch of junk is the way to go! The pics are amazing and it sounds like you had a true adventure... can we hear more about the "near death experience" boat ride? Of course I agree, sequins are perfectly normal to wear hiking, but take in account this is coming from the woman who wore four inch stilettos to climb Mexican pyramids. We are perfectly normal, yes indeed. Happy New Year! XXX

Penny-Rose said...

Hi Jennie, just been catching up on your blog. WOW your holiday looks amazing. I have not been diving but would love to try. Looking fwd to next instalment already,