Tuesday 7 May 2013

Come Together at The Dandy

Last Saturday saw another fabulous day at The Dandy Lion market.
Thankfully Mark wasn't working so he could come with me this time.
I was faffing so much in the morning trying to decide what shoes to wear that I forgot to bring my "bag of bargains" and a cracking bag it was too. I'll bring it to the next Can't Buy Me Love outing :)
Anyway it wasn't as if we were short of stock...
I was absolutely thrilled to find that my stall neighbour was Tangled Wigs...
It is a well known fact that I am a bit of a wig-o-holic and meeting Samantha who runs Tangled Wigs was a real treat. She's such a lovely woman and I was truly inspired to hear her story of how this business venture came about. We were talking about doing a wig & vintage colab in the near future and needless to say I'm very excited about that.
 Leslie had managed to get another fabulous mix of traders in this month. I am so in awe with all these creative and super gifted individuals I almost feel like I'm cheating rocking up with my frocks.
I guess my gift is unearthing vintage gems but it's not really on par with David Harker's artistic talent or the brilliant creativity of  Bespoke Binny...
There is nothing better that an African print fabric in my book, they are just so amazing!
Speaking of amazing check out photographer Marco Dall'Omo and his Simply Complicated stall or how about the brilliant Alfie Gallagher and his wonderful collection of illustrations & graphic art, also available to buy from his etsy shop.
 Leslie was wearing an amazing 70s frock & here she is in front of her rail of Wunderbar Vintage loveliness and chair full of one-of-a-kind scatter cushions that can also be bought on etsy... 
The funky Catillest Design is run by the very talented Cat Neligan who is "a web designer by day and an illustrator by night". On her stall she was offering up an awesome array of  cool Tees, prints, tote bags and zines.
Then we had regular Dandyites Sue & Mark with their Gorgeous Jewellery stall. Sue and Mark will be trading at the Muswell Hill Market next Saturday & I will be popping up to see them if anybody is interested in chumming along? This month they were trying something a little bit different by adding a few vintage bags, gloves and shoes to their stall besides their awesome array of  vintage and handmade jewellery. 
Here's  Erik on leafleting duty outside The Oxford, well done that man :)
Irfhan Mirza is the creative genius behind Dead Gent Clothing who makes funky hand finished pocket Tees and tanks.
Sharing the downstairs stall with Irfhan was Love Vintage run by a groovy chick & fellow collector of beautiful vintage things. When she told me that this was her first market outing I was very surprised cause her display was stunning, she's obviously a natural.
I was very happy to see the lovely Luisa Cotardo returning with her beautiful & romantic words & roses stall...
Another returning trader was The 3R Crafts with her lovely smile & awesome upcycled wares...
I was also chuffed to bits to see the return of gorgeous fellow Swede Camilla and her funky Mind The Book stall :)
My other stall neighbour was Narcissus Design who specialize in handmade unique antiqued and patina mirrors. Last but by no means least we had a lovely lady with a one-off stall selling some of her collected vintage gems.
This was my favourite mirror by Narcissus Design, it can be bought from their etsy store...
I hope I haven't missed anybody out this time but if I have give me a virtual poke in the ribs and I shall edit the post accordingly ;)
The next Dandy will be on Saturday the 1st of June and if you are interested in keeping abreast with future trader line-ups you can do so on The Dandy Lion FB page.
Big thanks to Leslie for making it all happen, to Aiden & Erik for making the place look smashing and enticing the peeps through the doors, to all my fabulous fellow traders and to the awesome browsers, chatters and buyers that rocked up on the day.
Next month sees the two year anniversary of this fabulous market and I think that Leslie may just have a few tricks up her sleeve for that one so watch this space ;)
Hope you all had a cracking weekend?!
Loads of love,
Jennie
xXx


12 comments:

lizz said...

aw i wish i could go! so much amazing stuff!

thorne garnet said...

hope you did well. Vintage, crafts and beer? What's not to like?

music said...

Amazing Blog !!

Vix said...

Doesn't Leslie select a fabulously eclectic and varied selection of stallholders? She looks gorgeous in her vibrant frock and your stall looked fantastic. I'm so glad you had a brilliant day. xxx

Ulla-Marie said...

Vilket blom/mönster-kalas! Det där med peruker ... Om vi bortser från Dolly Parton, Naomi Campell/Cambell (... hur tusan stavar hon?) känner jag endast till dig och ytterligare två personer som använder peruk. Ändå tror jag att vi alla längtar efter det och jag fattar inte arför jag har nån sorts spärr när det kommer till peruker då jag utan tvekan kan bära allehanda hårfärger och huvudbonader (och löshår ibland ...). Jag tror att ni som är peruk-o-holics är lite mer livsbejakande än andra. Att ni tar för er mer av livet helt enkelt! Snyggt är det hur som helst ...

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Looks amazing! Wish I lived nearer!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Panty Buns said...

I love your descriptive prose (i.e.: "faffing", "cracking") and reading your posts! The stock you and Mark brought to The Dandy Lion market at The Oxford looks fabulous. One of Monia's neighbors at Tangled Wigs looks almost too lifelike - and I thought of the movie "Mannequin" (1987 Trailer - YouTube), and (clips from Mannequin with song "Nothin's Gonna Stop Us Now" - YouTube). The familiar looking mannequin come to life in those clips was Kim Cattrall who played Samantha in "Sex and the City". I loved the clips from Mannequin and am watching them now as I type this). The Dandy Lion market looks like a fabulous place to browse and shop. It's nice that you featured your neighboring traders, their stalls and wares in this post too. I'd love to see what's in that cracking "bag of bargains" you'll be bringing to the next "Can't Buy Me Love" outing. The goodies and rails of frocks you brought to the Dandy Lion market. I'm sure it's fascinating. I can see you and Mark did a brilliant job setting up. I should go out and do some work myself soon. Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

Varför finns inte sådana marknader här? Avis ....

Becky said...

You were next to the wigs!! Sweeeet!
Becky :)

Forest City Fashionista said...

Wow, what a great group of talented & creative people!

doradadama said...

What a gorgeous talented bunch!
Your stall looks so beautifully decorated ,bet your stall is doing very well.
Its destined for the wig stall to be right next door to yours.

Wishing you the best amor!

Besos

Leslie Wilson-Rutterford said...

Awesome post, Jennie. What did I do to deserve such a special friend and trader? You are a boon to the market and will be to whatever you connect to! Love ya! xx