Tuesday 7 May 2013

Feels like summer

When Mark left at quarter past five this morning I grabbed the duvet and went to sit on the balcony to watch the sunrise. Next doors lilacs are just coming into bloom so the early morning air was delightfully fragrant. I lay down on the duvet closed my eyes and listened to the birds twittering away. Three hours later I was awoken by the blazing sun that had by now risen well above the rooftops. I made a cafetiere of coffee and enjoyed it sitting in the glorious morning sunshine. 
Ganesh Tee, Tie-dyed cut-offs made from a pair of hubbies old jeans &  70s slip-on sandals.
Today felt like the first day of summer :)
I'm not sure what's happening with my hand in this picture, it looks as if it is momentarily venturing into a parallel reality, either that or it's been afflicted with tourettes?!
The ever smiling postie delivered my EFR card this morning. I am now officially qualified to save your life, bandage you up if you fall off a ladder and do a whole heap of other useful stuff ;)
Mark and I decided to go over to our "summer diet" today, so there will be salads aplenty over the coming months. I have also stocked up on Tahini so that Mark can start making his amazing bean dips again, yum!
 Today's salad: spinach, kale, rocket, watercress, chicory, parsley, chopped baby tomato & pinto bean mix relish served with fresh Turkish bread from the shop around the corner.
I'm getting very excited about summer...how about you?
Loads of love,
Jennie
xXx


10 comments:

thorne garnet said...

Love the long days that are summer, not so crazy about the humidity. Good for you, here's hoping you never have to respond.

Krista said...

Can I please have your morning instead. It sounds lovely and while you at it, I'd like that lunch as well. Love that Ganesh top and those colors!
XXOO

Panty Buns said...

Your posts will increase my vocabulary if I can remember what I looked up. In this post I had to look up duvet, cafetiere, and Ganesh. Your Ganesh Tee is gorgeous! Enlightening! Congratulations on successfully completing your Emergency First Response course and getting your EFR card. Your hand was probably blurry in that photo from utilising your super-hero hyper-speed talent to do something too quickly for the lens to capture. I've been searching the supermarkets in vain for Tahini sauce to go with the Near East felafel mix. Maybe I should ask. That salad looks like it would be yummy with Tahini. I'd better put teeth on my shopping list too. The weather was perfect here today and I actually went outside!!! I love this time of year and wish it could last forever.

Vanessa said...

That sounds like the perfect way to start your day. Sadly, in my corner of the world the weather is only getting colder. The sunrise is still beautiful though, no matter what the temperature.

Becky said...

Summmmmer!!
Becky :)

Unknown said...

Åh sommar .... i går fick vi äntligen känna värme här med och man kunde vara ute i t shirt . Totalt underbart ...
Älskar din Ganesh tröja!

Vix said...

Summer's over but at least we made the most of those glorious three days!
I don't know why I haven't more of those tops, they cost less than £2 on tourist stalls in India and I've stuck to the same Krishna one for years. Talk about a cheapskate.
Your salad looks delicious. xxx

Lucys Lounge said...

what a lovely way to start you day. i missed your last post . the market looks so great . an amazing selection of stalls. good luck lucyx

Curtise said...

That sounds like a lovely morning! The weekend was fab but it's chilly again now... Ah well, that's Britain for you!
Great chilled-out hippy chick look, and the salad looks delicious! xxxx

doradadama said...

Fantastic bright colors!
Looking sexy in cut off orange daisy dukes . Beautiful Ganesh blouse.

Oh I know have to take advantage of the sun In UK.
Your salad looks deliciosa, Must share that bean dip recipe.

Besos