Tuesday 5 July 2011

Keeping Up Appearances and a visit from Penny Dreadful

Today I had a lovely visitor in the boudoir, namely the fabulous Margaret from Penny Dreadful Vintage.
Margaret is a bona fide vintage lover and is exceptionally versed on the subject.
Besides being a font of vintage knowledge, Margaret is also an extremely gifted gathering goddess & she has a cracking etsy shop brimming with delicious vintage goodies for all budgets.
Here are three of the stunning frocks that you can currently purchase from the shop, 
click the picture to go to the listing :)
I felt like I'd known Margaret for years after just a couple of hours, she's a really lovely gal!
She was the spark of inspiration for my boudoir of delights as she set up a charming  mini boutique in her spare room back in April.
I haven't been there as yet but it is definitely on my to-do list, yay, I can't wait!
I promised to post some pictures of my new 'Kanga Collection' dress, so here it is in all its 80s Hyacinth Bouquet-esque glory...
Next time you pop around Margaret, I'll bring out my Royal Doulton china with the hand-painted periwinkles, lets make it soon my dear ;)
To anyone else that wants to have a rummage in my boudoir of delights, the door of opportunity is still wide open, so don't be shy now.
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx


11 comments:

Helga said...

Squee!!! How exciting to meet Margaret!Dang,you London biatches get to meet all the hotties!SO jealous!
Love!
XXXXXXXX

doradadama said...

How cool !
margarita is the sweetest, she is like the encyclopedia of vintage.
Your kanga dress if fantastic, lovectge print amor.

Unknown said...

How fab! Now to convince Helga to come on a UK tour with me in 2013... imagine if we coud all get together!

Sarah xxx

Vix said...

Dear Jem,
I must admit to being a tad jealous. I'm dying to meet Margaret and to see you again.
That Kanga dress is beautiful on you, Hyacinth Bouquet would invite you round for one of her candlelight suppers without a shadow of a doubt.
Loads of love,
Vix
xxx

Kitty said...

Yes I'm with Vix on this one, Hyancinth WOULD have you 'round...but I don't know how long you'd last, her decor just ain't right for you-or me, for that matter. Can't wait to visit the UK and meet all you lovely girls.xx.

Perdita Tinsel said...

Margaret is a vintage genius indeed, and a top gal!

I want to go to a 'candlelight supper' myself now! In full floral 80s regalia, of course.

Although I think I would be more like Rose and His Lordship Onslo hahahaha!!

Frocktasia said...

Cheers my lovelies for your fabulous comments, you all make me very happy & spur me on to blog more ;)

Perdita,
Rose rocks in her impossibly miniscule skirts & vertical plunge necklines as for Onslow, well I'm sure we all have days like that but we probably wouldn't blog about it or stick the pics up on Chictopia ;)
Can you imagine Onslow’s style dairy, now that would be hilarious!
xXx

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

I'm last to comment as always! Thanks so much for your lovely words, you've made me blush. It was so nice to meet you at last, even better that I got to have a rummage in all your lovely stuff! Vix has got me craving a candlelight supper now, mmmm xx

Sharon S said...

Hi my dear!! Sounds like you both had a lovely time and the Kanga dress is a real gem of a find too!! A candlelight supper in this dress sounds fab indeed!!!! xxx

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

The last dress is my absolute favourite! I can never resist velvet and it's charms!

x
Lost in the Haze

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Sooo jealous! Gawd I wish I could rummage in both of your treasure rooms!! xo