Thursday 21 July 2011

A surprise parcel from the undisputed queen of quirk

My other 'KATI' dress was delivered this morning but its arrival was totally eclipsed by the content of another mystery parcel.
For a moment I thought I’d been sleep-eBaying but after peeking at the sender address I realized that it was from the tremendously fabulous Helga.
What a darling she is surprising me with a parcel of goodies all the way from New Zealand, thank you ever so much my lovely!
I fell totally head over heels in love with the two fabulous frocks in the parcel.
In fact so much so, I had to shed all my clothing and pop one immediately.
Here it is, isn't it just flipping AMAZING!
The print, the colour, the cut...just WOW!
It's labelled 'Oriental Crafts' and the print is in my opinion art gallery worthy.
It's a wrap dress, but unlike some of my other wrap dresses the skirt on this one is gorgeously billowing.
As for the colour...a sumptuous terracotta red, simply stunning!
Helga is a complete wiz at getting frocks that fit me like a glove too, what a marvel!
It's been piddling down here most of the day, so I only managed to get pics of one dress outside before the sky ripped open again but I thought I'd rope Barbara in on the frock action too.
So here she is modelling the second fabulous frock...
Another art gallery worthy print, I think you'll agree & the cut is very 70s cocktail party hostess, I love it!
The label on this one reads 'Styled by Exclusive Frocks, Made in Christchurch New Zealand'.
I'll take some proper pics of this & the 'KATI' frock tomorrow...if it has stopped piddling outside by then.

Helga my dear, you’ve got me on a mission now to reciprocate your overwhelming kindness. 
This is not the first time that Helga has lavished me with gifts, here are some pics of other amazing stuff that has made the journey all the way from Christchurch into my vintage wardrobe...
Vintage 70s sky blue leaf patterned maxi (that I hitched up for this pic), The funkiest hot pink vintage cap ever & a very stylish 50s frock in navy blue.
Like I said 'FUNKIEST CAP EVER' & a vintage 70s dreamy pink swirl pattern maxi frock.
I almost wet myself when she sent this awesome Hawaiian vintage bikini. I brought it with me on our hols in Malaysia & Thailand earlier on this year. Mark (my hubby) wrote Helga's name in the sand before taking that sunlounger pic ;)
Goodies galore from the undisputed queen of quirk, anyone who hasn't got Helga on their blogroll hasn't lived yet as far as I'm concerned. 
Along with Desiree, Vix & Sarah she makes up my fantastic four 'Legendary Frockers' as featured in my sidebar.
If there is such a thing as a 'must-have' on a blogroll then surely these fab four ladies fall into that category, so if you haven't as yet...add them...they will make your life sweeter as they have done mine :)
Thanks again Helga, I LOVE my new frocks & the funky bag too.
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx




13 comments:

doradadama said...

What lovely dreses amor.
They most certainly are legendary fashion mamas, i think they are witches.
I received amazing gifts from all these gorgeous ladies.
Your looking hot in your bikini.

Unknown said...

That is beautiful, you lucky girl! x

Helga said...

Aw,you say the sweetest things!!!
I was certain that the wrap frock would be perfect for you,and you look fecking fabulous in it! The other frock is a bit mad,but I knew if anyone could work it,you could! So pleased the parcel arrived safe!!
OMG you look A-MAZING in that bikini!!!
Love! XXX

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Flippin' gorgeous Jen!!!!!! Those dresses are amazing and what an amaaaaaaaazing bikini!!!! You look so incredible in it - you would have been the hottest tamale on the beach! xoxoxoxooxxo

Unknown said...

OMG that wrap dress is AMAZING on you Jennie! You look just gorgeous in it and it's the most wonderful colour on you. Helga does have some incredible talent for getting sizes just perfect... as do Desiree and Vix too. You cannot imagine how flattered I am that you include me in that group of amazing women!

Sarah xxx

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
These dresses are nice, sweet and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Nelly said...

Looks totally amazing on you cant wait to see the other one modelled by you too.

Perdita Tinsel said...

The wrap maxi is just the perfect dress! Colour, style- it suits you to a tee. Loving it! How clever of Helga to choose something so exact from the other side of the world!

Louise Mc said...

That top dress is stunning. I love Helga's Blog and Vix's, they are 2 blogs I can't live without. I literally found Desiree this week, and I'm about to check out Sarah. Thanks for the tips. Xx

Vix said...

Dearest Jen,
I can't imagine a more perfect dress for you, the colour, print, length and shape are just perfect, you look amazing. Helga is a goddess!!
Can't wait to see the second frock on either, all the more fabulous for having a Christchurch label.
That bikini is amazing!!!!
I'm dying to see if the new Kati frock was the one I was watching. I've scored a few frocks on eBay lately and I keep wondering if I'm bidding against you.
Loads of love,
Vix
xxx

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

That wrap dress is incredible, Helga made a great choice for you. Your holiday bikini is amazing too xx

Unknown said...

These images are absolutely marvellous xxx
that dress is so amazing

Unknown said...

This hat is perfect!! I loooove the first photo, Im following dear


amintasfashion