Thursday 21 March 2013

You make me feel like I am fun again!

Have I told you lately how fabulous you all are and how much I appreciate having you wonderful peeps in my life?
Yes, Jennie stop going on about it or we'll have to make the bucket beside us a permanent feature, K?!
It has to be said though, in the past few months my lust for blogging has returned with a vengeance & a cursory glance at my yearly blog archive spells it out...
...this years post tally is speeding past the previous years at a rate of knots.
I personally put it down to your encouraging continued visits to my little nook of the blogosphere :)
For a long time I isolated myself, I became the silent onlooker to a party that I felt unworthy of part taking in.
I watched you all being fabulous and having fun, interacting with each other and even though I wanted to join in I felt  too craven to do so. 
I felt that through my silence, I'd lost my place in the gang.
Then one day I started taking tentative steps back into the circle and was very happy to find that there were still people there ready to welcome me back with open arms.
Then all of a sudden I felt as if I was fun again!
It was like a flower bomb of colour and warmth had gone off quite unexpectedly.
I started commenting and getting comments in return.
I felt welcomed, encouraged, inspired & enthralled.
I felt like busting open the bags and diving into the drawers to unearth fabulous clobber to wear.
Thank you for rekindling a fire that had all but gone out and thank you for being there for me after my long absence, I guess that is the mark of true friendship, virtual or otherwise.
I just wanted to tell you how much you mean to me...gush over (for now).
Vintage 70s velvet psychedelic print maxi skirt,  60s lace panel top, 70s suede jacket, 50s booties, 60s velvet painters beret, opera gloves, brass bangles & Frocktasia 'Grumpy Suns' earrings.
 Today's tune is 'Lovesong' by The Cure,  enjoy :)
Loads of love,
Jennie
xXx


26 comments:

Connie said...

Oh Jennie. You're so cute. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Ivy Black said...

Jennie, you're fab and that's one stonking outfit. Blogland is rather splendid...let's stay here!xxxxx

Anonymous said...

You're amazing, just keep doing what you're doing! xx

Panty Buns said...

Considering how much time, effort and wit you put into each of your posts that number of posts amazes me. It would be lovely if you left a briefs (pun) comment some day. I only do one post a month but have been averaging 5,000 views per month lately.
I love your vintage clobber. Your velvet skirt (I love velvet) has a pretty and artistic floral print. I like the design of your 60s lace panel tie front batwing sleeve peplum blouse.
Your posts are fun to look at and read :D

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Connie Staccato said...

Obviously, you are returning the favor.

I love the word "craven".

Louise Mc said...

Well, I loved your blog before, so I'm really glad you're back to blogging again.

Idee Fixe said...

Oh sweets, I go through periods like that too. Right now I'm not taking too may pics of outfits and such because honestly I'm quite boring in winter unless I have an event to go to. I LOVE that outfit you look so fab! And with the coat it looks nice and warm too. XXX PS I love the Cure!

Lucys Lounge said...

jennie. thats lovely. i feel the same. it's great to talk. love lucy x

Becky said...

You are so fuckin' awesome.
Becky :)

Connie Staccato said...

P.S. I'm not witty. I'm just old.

thorne garnet said...

awe, you always say just sweet thing on my blog, that's so nice of you!

Damn another awesome skirt and I'm going to have to make myself one of those hats ( or steal one from work...just kidding)

Unknown said...

See, You are awesome! I have always been a big fan and always will, you GO girl!!!
Super big hugs,
Reva

Trees said...

I love your posts - glad you're posting so often and love that skirt:D

WendyB said...

Loooove this look.

Anonymous said...

It's been lovely to see you posting more - I thoroughly enjoy visiting and seeing your lovely outfits, Jennie, and reading about your adventures from the 90s! Glad to hear you're happy with the change; it's a great feeling to be part of a community. :) xoxo

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I knew instantly where your post title was from! It's lovely to have you around and it's amazing how encouraging bloggers are what a difference blogging can make. I love that cropped jacket and maxi skirt too x

Vix said...

Blogging rocks! I's full of fabulous supportive and hugely inspirational people and I've yet to fall out of love with it.
You look fab, loving that skirt. xxx

Olga Rani said...

I remember time when I wanted to share my outfits on blog but was in doubt, thought "who would be interested to see that?" Anyway I tried one time, then another and then it became fun. I'm glad you're back posting, your posts are always so interesting.
Another amazing skirt of yours! The print is just stunning

Leslie Wilson-Rutterford said...

I love this outfit! Both retro and contemporary, and the addition of that cute hat really sets it off! Your blog is a delight and an inspiration! It's fine to take a break now and then, but pleeeze don't stop! (Looking forward to seeing your fine self and collection at the Dandy!) xx

freckleface said...

I wasn't around when you weren't having fun, so I only think of you being lively and having fun. Long may it continue!

Great skirt, you are so lovely and slim which is just right for this look. xxxx

Krista said...

That was super sweet! I'll have you know Cristi and I were having a chat about you the other night. You are an interesting colorful character and your contribution to the blogging world is important. Open arms baby that's what we are all about! Let the world be clickish we are not.
Xxoo
Btw digging this outfit makes me wanna hug you or maybe that was all those sweet things you said, regardless-big hug-
Xxoooo

Unknown said...

Hi Jennie!

Jennie i loved you from the start and will keep loving you!
Keep doing what you do, you do it so well - Love how you style your clothes, you are so talented, full of imagination, you have the knack girl!
Love that virtual friendship as well, sometimes i have doubts or tired, or what is the point, but when i read all the comments it keeps me going as well

Of course we don't forget great style like yours!
We understand we are all busy Ladies with a real life!

Change of subject...yes! you should have seen me trying all the dresses in SF - I got so dizzy at one point i had to take a break - I stop at a cafe and had a California style bagel that consists of avocadoes, cream cheese , tomatoes and sprouts, that hit the spot i tell you!
Then i proceed with more shopping!

It was a great afternoon of glorious finds!

Take care lovely Jennie!

Ariane xxxx



doradadama said...

Keep doing your thang!
I loved you from the start blogging is an amazing portal we all get lost in such inspirational bellezas. I am proud of all my blog putas. Your outfits are always super inspiring and your a magnificent soul.

Besones

Forest City Fashionista said...

Jennie, I used to follow your blog and have always thought you were such a sassy and fabulously cool dresser. When you weren't posting regularly I lost track of you, but I'm happy to see that you're back. I love the colours of this floral skirt.

citizen rosebud said...

You are a glorious woman. Not just in style (but oh so in style!) but in substance. I am glad you refound your passion in blogging because your blossoming brightens up my day xo!

Angie said...

I admire your style although I make my first steps in what I call advanced style.I'm on this stage now that I don't want to be a silent observer anymore but built it up with my fellow bloggers.Hugs Angie